At the very heart of all CMG Conferences is the Color Forecasting process where the world’s leading color and design influencers share, discuss and explore color directions. You will be on the cutting edge of color forecasting, and you’ll bring these insights back with you to shape and validate discussions and decisions on color directions for your industry, product or service. CMG’s Color Forecasting process is a collaboration of minds; a joint effort to understand and interpret what is happening in the world around us and how this will influence color. The final result – a 16-color Directional Forecast that is distributed electronically with a report identifying the trends and influences affecting color directions. The Color Forecast shows notations in all the major color systems including Pantone, NCS, RAL, RGB and LAB.
Who Should Attend?
Global manufacturers, brands, and marketers understand the importance of color marketing to their bottom line. Your company will benefit from creating research fueled and validated products in colors that sell. As a project manager, product developer, designer, manufacturer, CMF specialist, color specifier, or someone who works with color for products you won’t want to miss the important color discussions.
You do NOT need to be a member of CMG to participate in this Conference. If you are interested in learning more about becoming part of Color Marketing Group please visit our Membership page to learn more or contact the office.
The Color Forecasting Process
CMG’s forecasts are created by members and participants in collaborative multi-industry Workshops. They are cross-industry, applicable across multiple industries and multiple product lines – and they are directional, focusing on the directional change in colors and color families. Our final Forecasts are the collaborative output of hundreds of color design specialists who have come together during the year to discuss, share, think, participate and collaborate in color!
The Benefits of Attending
• By attending this exciting Conference you will come away with first hand information about colors emerging in 2019+ ready for application into your product development workflow.
• Join the latest color conversations helping you to succeed in your field and helping your company to achieve continued growth.
• You’ll network with individuals outside your specific industry, expanding your horizons and opening new areas for exploration.
• We provide an open-discussion atmosphere that will allow you to mix, mingle, and come away with lasting relationships and connections. The friends you make will form your “tribe” for years to come, and their energy and insight will prove invaluable.
• You’ll leave with newfound color revelations that will keep you, your company, and your clients well-versed in all things color.
How to Prepare
Each participant is asked to plan and prepare in advance; to research; identify influences, trends and drivers; and to bring samples and color stories to support their findings. This research is then shared, discussed, and narrowed down to common themes, trends and ideas.
A Worksheet WILL BE E-MAILED TO YOU UPON CONFIRMATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION. The Worksheet gives you a good indication of what you are expected to prepare, think about and bring to the Conference. In advance of the event you must review the Worksheet, gather information and samples to support your findings, and bring samples and stories to share at the Workshop discussion table. Please bring digital, royalty-free images (both on flash drive and printed) to be used for presenting the Color Stories in the final Report. Copyright-free visuals are essential. Please digitally insert AND attach your 12 to 16 2019+ swatches in Pantone TPX, NCS, or RAL, Other color swatches may be used on the worksheet (i.e. paint chips). They will be matched to the closest NCS notation during the workshop. You are welcome to bring a PowerPoint or digital presentation, but it is not mandatory. You must bring your own computer to display your presentation.